Saturday 22 November 2008

Play Days

I have had a busy week completing work for the CHET art fair.
Here are two pictures of the felt pictures.'Rosa' and 'Tulips" I am not very happy with the tulips. It lacks life. The other picture needs more work but I hadn't time to finish it. Then I cleaned the kitchen including the oven!
I used some wool to make a brooch to match my 'Rosa' picture.
)n Thursday we went to Keswick to collect the works from The Textile 21 exhibition which has been at the 'Theatre By The Lake Gallery' for the past month. We called in at a great cafe/wine bar in Penrith on the way home. (opposite Norris') and saw some lovely work by Briony Scott which was exhibited there. Here is a photo of one piece. It was mainly fabric collage with hand and machine stitch of subjects such as Scotland and Venice and flowers. Very inspirational.
Friday saw me at the K&S show at Harrogate. Another inspirational Day. There was some excellent exhibits as noted elsewhere on these blogs. I thought the Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn work was exceptional as was the work of the Complex Cloth Group.
I did a workshop with Jean Draper and learnt lots of new ideas. She is going to publish a book next year and I will look forward to that. Here is a sample of her work.
Finally, I left a bookmark I made on the barbed wire ball which was at the entrance to the exhibition to commemorate the life of Julia Caprara. Here it is.


1 comment:

Genie said...

Love the First pic (Rosa) even unfinished it is beautiful.