Saturday 15 November 2008

Gesso????



Those 'Catalogue Killers among you will be wondering if this is one of my experiments with paper, gesso and paint. But this is just the beach at Ainsdale. The next photo shows the beach itself and lovely day we had on Wednesday. The first time we have had a really good sunny day for ages. Barney loves it. Here he is resting from chasing rabbits, his favourite pastime.





I have finished the pieces posted in an earlier blog. The experiments reminded me of rock walls so I add some machine-embroidered flowers to represent a rock garden.





Here are a couple of close ups. I am going to put them into our local Art fair at Crosby Hall.If I sell any the commission helps the CHET charity, which provides holidays for underprivileged children





6 comments:

Wabbit said...

Sadly, I cannot get your photos to come through on this post. I can see all the others. :( I'd love to see what your catalog and gesso experiments look like.

Robin Mac said...

Ah, it is not just me! I have been trying to see you photos on this post also with no success, and like wabbit, I can see all the others - most frustrating, I really want to see what you have done with chapter 1. I have had one go at experimenting with it, but need to try again with some different papers. Cheers, Robin

Wabbit said...

Thanks for re-loading, Sue! Everything looks lovely - and Barney is as cute as he can be!

Julie said...

What an amazing beach pattern! I hope your rockwall piece sells. It is lovely.

Jackie said...

Hi Sue
Thanks for your comment and wrist size. Don't worry about missing the fair..it wasn't the best.

Peri said...

I love the colours and textures found on the beach - last year I took pictures of the one local to me (5 min drive) the chalk on the beach itself has been eroded into ripples, the play on light on it, the water trapped in the folds and the weed was amazing.

Barney is a lovely little Border. Lottie still isn't walked at the beach because she will not stop trying to eat the pebbles and shingle - she is slowly getting better and obeying us when we tell her to leave, such a slow process though.

Your art is very beautiful!