Wednesday 16 January 2008

Busy, busy, busy.



This is the wall hanging I started at Prisicilla Jones' workshop in December. Today I finally finished it. I could not fit it into one picture, so here is the top, middle and bottom.


This workshop was such an inspiration that I decided to use a similar technique for some of my pieces which will be included in the Textile 21 'Outside In' exhibition. Here is a page from my sketch book with my initial ideas.





I decided to use the faded roses I had in a vase left after the christmas celebrations, (far too nice to throw away) I also wanted to use a window view ('Outside In' through the window) so I decided to divide my canvas into 9 squares. I also found some great canvases at Au Natural 30x30cm squares at four for 4pounds, a great bargain, at a pound each!


I have an embelisher and this was a previous piece of some echinaechers.(sic)





This was the result of a 'Workshop on the Web' article. See Mag Stitch., a great inspirational blogsite






I decided to try a piece using the same design idea but using a different technique. So I spent this morning making prefelt, embellishing and felting the piece.



Consequently, there is a lot of drying going on in my kitchen at the moment as I dry the fabrics I painted for the applique/fabric collage piece plus the felted piece is very wet.

Here are the results of my hard work today.

Fabrics drying after being painted with white emulsion and orange and green acrylic paint.





This is the background for my felt piece. Neutral merino tops pre-felted, embelished with dyed silk tops from Oliver Twists and then felted until the fabric had shrunk to fit the canvases I have bought.

1 comment:

jrberkley said...

The wall hanging is just lovely -- very dreamy. Is this all stitched?
Do you have another site where you show all your work? I see you're new to blogging... welcome!
Julia