Saturday 26 January 2008

Windy golf and wet under foot.






The rain has let up at last.


I've managed to get out and play some golf on a wet, and windy course.


At Ainsdale the kiter's were out today. Barney is hiding in the middle of the picture. He has been busy giving the rabbits a bad time this week, although they are always more canny than he is.




My friend has been clearing an industrial unit after a tenant 'did a bunk' and left her with a large number of unmade cushions. The inners are made from good quality white cotton which will dye beautifully.


Textile 21 are thinking of making an outdoors textile installation for their next exhibition at Norton Priory, Cheshire in May. Our initial ideas are to use squares of fabric, which we will dye after applying a design using wax as a resist. I think these cushion inners will be ideal to use for this. Here they are drying in the sunshine after washing to remove the factory dressing.


I have been busy designing two pieces for the exhibition, using the painted fabric I posted last week. I'm not too excited about this. Hopefully it will come to life with the stitching.

1 comment:

Maria Walker said...

Hi Sue,
I love the pieces of emulsioned fabric. I think they will really come to life when they are stitched. Cant wait to see them