Tuesday 26 February 2008

GD5 arrives



Five days late and Granddaughter Number 5 has arrived at 2.30am this morning. A little Hampshire lass, weighing in at 7lbs 11ozs. She is beautiful, of course and so unlike the other four!(who are also beautiful!)


I have been busy waiting for this new arrival by making marmalade. After complaining, earlier this week, that I never see Seville oranges in the shops any more, there were plenty to be found in my local Supermarket! I combined Delia's recipe with one I found on the Internet and, if I may say so myself,,the first batch looks and tastes excellent. I'll try to make some more tomorrow.

It was wild and windy today, but I needed to get out with the dog, so I followed a walk in a book by Jack Keithley. This was the penultimate walk in his book called 'Walks in the Ribble Country' A lovely, if rather muddy, walk from the start of the Ribble Way and around the Longton Marshes. The book is interesting because it is full of historical facts. Also the route was described accurately and the instructions were easy to follow.

The people I met en route were very friendly and helpful. Which is not usually the case when you are in a strange place with a dog, and following a map. The people I have met in Hampshire are very pompous and unfriendly, when you miss a turning, because the farmer has allowed the right of way to become over grown. Perhaps it the difference between northerners and those folks down south!

No comments: