Sunday 5 October 2008

Winter's here! back on the blog






Since GD5 arrived I have had no time to blog. But the days are drawing in and the evenings getting longer so I am spending less time out doors, golfing, gardening and walking the dog!





Here's the youngster. Don't they grow up fast?





I've been busy doing something creative this weekend. Hubby's been to Spain for the weekend so I have had the kitchen to myself to make as much mess as I want without having to clear up to cook. Well done to M&S and their ready meals!





Inspired by a visit to the fashion, stitch and embroidery show at Harrogate. A great venue. Smaller than the Knitting and stiching show but without the 'Tack'









Here are some cabbages in the local fields. I just love the textures.








I've been doing some paper collages to try to reproduce the fields and the textures. I am looking to produce a piece of work based on this using the embellisher.





I also dyed lots of different fabrics, although i may just use white fabrics and paint them after I have pieced them.

No comments: